First, here is a story that most of us are familiar with:
But don’t worry! here is the perfect solution to our problems. It’s a new bank in town that promises to lighten your financial burden.
And now for some interesting posts from fellow bloggers:
- Parallels Between Gambling And Investing by Jonathan @ My Money Blog.
Personally, this makes me worry a lot about the self-directed nature of many peopleâ€™s 401k/403b/TSP plans. Do they really know that they are investing in? The 401k industry seems to rely on the fact that most people just go with the default choice given to them. Few people question their investment choices. I donâ€™t have the article on me right now, but something like 80% of 401(k) holders have no idea what expenses they are being charged on their retirement accounts.
- Festival of Frugality #70 by NCN @ No Credit Needed Blog. NCN has done a great job putting together some nice articles. Here are some of my favorite posts from the festival:
- Hereâ€™s Why I Like My Relatively-Frugal Lifestyle by ISPF @ Grad Money Matters.
- You Want Fries With That? @ Frugal Zeitgeist.
- Repair or Replace? by Mapgirl @ Mapgirl’s Fiscal Challenge.
- How College Students Save on Textbook Costs @ Queercents.
- Paint Your Rooms for Free OnLine by Sharon @ The Frugal Duchess.
- Why Women Don’t Ask for Raises? by Single Ma @ Single Ma’s Fabulous Financials. Here is another article on women and money (this is a commentary on this article that appeared in a recent TIME magazine issue): Women & Money: did Suze get it wrong? by Wanda @ Well-Heeled.
- Starting A Business With Pocket Change @ Personal Finance Advice.
- Decorating Tips and Tricks by Dawn @ Frugal for Life.